Which Banner Ad Design Size Converts In Google Adwords
We have spoken about banner designs, ads, custom banners templates and many other things, now it is time for us to know about what banner design size convert the ads to sales more effectively.
If you are spending any amount of marketing budget on banner design for display advertising, you want to know which banner design sizes are the most effective to generate impressions, clicks and ultimately sales.
In order to design the right banner sizes, it is important to understand what ad inventory is available. Publishers choose the banner ad sizes they want to feature on their websites. If you pick the wrong banner sizes as an advertiser, you effectively limit the reach of your ad campaigns.
Here are the most important banner sizes on the Google Adwords display network
The top 3 banner sizes comprise 78% of all served ad impressions:
- Medium Rectangle: 300×250
- Leaderboard: 728×90
- Wide Skyscraper: 160×600
- Medium rectangle: It has 1/3rd share of all ad banner designs impression, the medium rectangle is the most served banner size on Google Adwords Banners display networks.
- Leader board: it is just one percentage point behind the medium rectangle. The Leader board is the second most served banner format on the Google Adwords Banners display networks.
- Wide Skyscraper: Wide Skyscraper with an impression share of 13%, the wide skyscraper is the third most popular banner size on the Google Adwords Banners display networks.
There are different formats known as standard banner size. The standards evolved from guidelines several market leaders worked out in early days. Of course everybody is free to define their own formats but we recommend you design your banners in standard formats to correspond with most advertisers.
You may want to take the graphics we created to see what they look like in your website design. The size of ad units is defined in pixel – width x height. Set the values of your image to the respective format when you start designing your banner.
You can also make special banner ad sizes for Facebook; the popular among those are shown below.
- Facebook ads: 600 x 315
- Facebook covers: 851 x 315
- Facebook posts: 940 x 788
The idea is that a banner can be made in virtually any size you wish. That is pretty cool. And yet, if every advertiser would create its banners using its own size preferences, there would be chaos. Hence suggesting to maintain the standard size for banner designs